* Obama nominates Sotomayor to the Supreme Court. Michael Scherer explains how the conservative wing will oppose her.
* Good read: "How much longer can the president keep sending different messages to different audiences?"
* "Everything you know about Iran is wrong, or at least more complicated than you think."
* Netanyahu backs settlement growth publicly, because it's been working so well for them so far.
* Whoah! China unveils a massive public works project, to modernize the Middle Kingdom.
* Joe Klein talks North Korea, and what the bomb test really tells us.
* The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, commonly called DSM, is getting an update."
* My love for Michael Bay is no great secret.
* The keyword at Cannes is 'violence.'
* Nifty: business cards from street gangs in the 80's. (Courtesy MGK.)