* Top read: the high cost of poverty.
* The Explainer, on living in India on $2 a day.
* The amusing follow-up to China's sex theme park.
* WHOAH. "The beautifully preserved remains of a 47-million-year-old, lemur-like creature have been unveiled"
* "As if in a noir novel, an entomologist stalks a dark, wet corner of California to find an elusive bug that may solve some mysteries."
* Will Miramax survive the death of the indy movie?
* "I would have done everything differently." Sam Raimi on the Spider-man movies.
* Today's BBC headline: "Microsoft patents 'magic wand'"