* Spinning wheel, loom, tapestry. Jacob?
* Black Rock! "I take it you're here because of the ship?"
* "Still trying to prove me wrong, aren't you?"
* "It only ends once. Anything that happens before that, it's just progress."
* "Always nice to talk to you, Jacob."
* And, statue, which is totally not Osiris.
* Ways to make Kate even lamer: have Young Kate shoplifting a NKOTB lunchbox.
* Jacob for the save! "Be good, Katie."
* "You just don't get it, Kate." -Sawyer
* Farraday left detailed instructions in his journal! Nice.
* And, exodus. "Everyone answers to someone, and the leader answers to Jacob."
* Richard's never seen anyone come back from the dead. "I'm this way because of Jacob."
* "What, you think he's a candidate?"
* And inside the crate... "Terrific."
* Funeral. Young Sawyer. And, Jacob again. So he's gathering His people. INTERESTING.
* "What's done is done."
* Juliet decides to go back! To save the Islanders. Hokay. And only saving them, and sending the rest of the sub on, nice.
* Richard's been off the Island three times, to test Locke.
* Ben tells Locke about seeing Alex. "So, then I guess I won't have to convince you after all."
* "Excuse me, I think I'm lost..."
* ZOMG JACOB KILLED NADIA
* And the Shrine tunnel leads to... one of the Dharma houses. Is that going to be Ben's house in the future?
* "I'm protecting our leader." -Richard
* SAYID SHOT. Minibus cavalry!
* VINCENT. Rose and Bernard! YAY. "Oh, no. They found us."
* Hee, hiding out all this time. "Because we're retired."
Kate: Jack has a bomb.
Rose: Who cares?
* "We traveled back in time thirty years, and you're still trying to find ways to kill each other?" -Rose, who is awesome
* They need to show the box to someone, show them what they're up against. "We're the good guys."
* CABIN. Circle broken!
* Ilana flashback! "I'm here because I need your help."
* "Someone else has been using it."
* Everything That Rises Must Converge
* Jacob saves Locke! "Don't worry, everything's going to be alright."
* Old Oceanic camp, aw.
Locke: You mind if I ask a question?
Ben: I'm a Pisces.
* Embarrassed! "So yes. I lied. That's what I do."
* DRIVESHAFT RING
* "With this ring, I make my promises."
* "Your love is a very special thing. Never take it for granted." -Jacob
* Microbus stopped by the Sawyer posse.
* Jacob lives at the Foot.
* "The neural sack, I cut it." "Count to five."
* Apollo bar!
* "I don't speak destiny." -Sawyer
* "What do you want, Jack?"
* Kate? His answer was Kate!? Really?!
* "If it's meant to be, it's meant to be."
* "Will you stop?!"
* And, the Swan. Full circle. Season two opened there, season five ends there.
* "Nothing in my life has ever felt so right." -Jack (Really?)
* Metal tearing noise!
* Fruit roll up! Discharged. Jacob! Guitar case! "I'm definitely not dead."
* "I want to know why you won't go back to the island."
* "Nothing can save me." -Sayid
Sun: What happened to the rest of the statue?
Ben: I don't know, it was like that when I got here.
Sun: Do you really expect me to believe that?
Ben: Not really.
* Only the leader can request an audience with Jacob. "Tell him I said hello."
* "I know it won't be easy, but things will change once he's gone." -Locke
* "Perhaps that little nuke is the incident?" -Miles, criminal mastermind
* "Live together, die alone." -Juliet
* Bomb. And... nothing?
* There goes Dr. Chang's arm.
* Bye, Juliet.
* Oh, hai Ilana. "Which of you is Ricardos?"
* And the crate... LOCKE'S BODY.
* Inside the foot.
* "Well, you found your loophole."
* "And you have no idea what I've gone through to be here."
* "You have a choice."
* 35 years, ignored. Slips of paper! Lists!
Ben: So, why him? What was it that was so wrong with me?! What about me!?!
Jacob: What about you?
* "...They're coming..."
* And BOOM.
Man. Juliet seizes Kate's crown as the queen of mixed signals, just when she was getting awesome.
Other than the Jack/Kate/Sawyer/Juliet crap, this episode was a treat.
So, my working theory is that the loophole was that the Man in Black couldn't kill Jacob. But he could torment Ben for a long, long time (as Ben was infected by Other-dom as a kid) and eventually make Ben the leader, and continue to torment him until such time he could, in the guise of Locke, goad Ben into killing Jacob.
Which dovetails into my other working theory, that the Man in Black was behind many of the ghost sightings. M. thinks he's Smokey, which works here too.
I have theories about Jacob and the Man in Black. Mostly involving Osiris and Set.
Also, Rose and Bernard? Still fantastic.
MORE: courtesy Sledgeweb, when Ricardos (heh) is asked "what lies in the shadow of the statue?" his reply, in Latin, was "He who will save us all." Which is also what Jacob wrote on the tapestry.
[UPDATE: Pics finally added.]