* Justice Souter plans to step down; here's a review of his tenure (good read.) MGK guesses his replacement, and Andrew Cohen has other theories. Chris Cillizza has the political fallout.
* Dan Froomkin
* Ugh. "The more often Americans go to church, the more likely they are to support the torture of suspected terrorists." (Courtesy asimplelife.)
* Mexico shuts down for five days to halt the spread of the flu.
* Good read: what a flu pandemic could do to the global economy.
* The UN asks Israel to halt demolitions of Palestinian houses in Jerusalem.
* Michael Scherer on the message of Obama's press conference.
* On Obama and state secrets.
* Whoah. John Kovalic finishes his 2500th Munchkin card.