* The administration names greenhouse gases a threat to public health, as a new tactic to push through environmental reforms.
* The governor of New York introduces a bill to legalize same-sex marriage in his state.
* New world order: MI5 to name a science chief.
* Unexpected benefits: economic downturn hampers religious extremists.
* Heh. Time Warner changes its mind on the whole broadband metering scheme. Good call, dudes.
* Civilian contractors injured in war zones forced to fight for their medical care.
* Catching up: missed opportunities for the Republican party.
* I'm a big fan of Sherlock Holmes and Sacha Baron Cohen, but I don't know...