Simon interrogated after striking racing sausage with bat. (Courtesy Operative X.)
* Truth comes out about the ambush and capture of Pvt. Lynch's maintenance company. Like, she was neither shot, nor stabbed. And didn't fire her gun until it ran out of ammo. And they were ambushed because of poor communication, and their weapons malfunctioned.
* 9/11 commission being hampered by uncooperative governmental agencies.
* Rumsfeld doubles estimate for cost of troops in Iraq. (And in case you're wondering, that's a lot of money.)
* Getting Afghanistan back on track: poppies proliferate.
* Man, Italy is getting feisty.
* Speaking of feisty, let's mention the Senate Democrats and the child tax credit dance.
* Virtual poker player wins big at the World Series of Poker.
* Wait, trees grow better in the city?
* But what about the emotions behind the national donotcall registry?
* The personal ads and love at first sight, and blah.