* The South poses questions for next year's Congressional Democrats.
* It's like our nation has attention-defecit disorder.
* Looking for a colorblind society.
* Making money off spam e-mail.
* Cyberpunk fans, take note: is data and information addictive?
* A weird one: William Safire interviews Nixon in purgatory, about Bush Jr.
* Overused patriotism: had enough of the flag yet?
* Nicholas Kristof on the new eugenics.
* Interesting theory: having oil companies make their figures public.
* Photographer unveils his pictures from China's cultural revolution.
* New exhibit looks at artists' perceptions of the U.S. as a superpower.
* Trivia fans, take note: Edward Tenner released Why Things Bite Back 2". (Book club idea?)
* Why do the Harry Potter books appeal to adults?
* A fine headline: Networks Play 'Who Wants to Exhaust a Franchise?'