Another good read: Howard Kurtz discusses three failed media moments, and what we can learn from them. Also, Politico notes that attacking the media really never works.
* "Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates has formally adopted the concept that national security planning and budgeting cannot be done by the Pentagon alone."
* Some good news from Afghanistan.
* "For Obama, fixing 'broken politics' means replacing gamesmanship with 'honest arguments."
* TiVo turns a profit. For the first time.
* Turning against the 3-D wave. I can't agree more.
* Kids movies with adult lessons. (Courtesy shadorunr.)
Millard Fuller, founder of Habitat for Humanity, passed away. He literally made the world a better place.