SATURDAY NEWS RODEO:
* State Department cancels its Blackwater contract.
* Nate Silver tries to decipher the Republican strategy of obstruction.
* Dan Froomkin on Obama's labor push.
* Chris Cillizza on Steele as the pick to head the RNC. More from the BBC here.
* More fallout from the Pope's controversial move.
* The foundations of Bush's policies in Elizabeth Cheney's college thesis?
* The AV Club interviews Ira Glass.
* Should actors even try to do foreign accents?
"In a little-discussed shift in recent years, the NFL has moved away from depicting its games in military terms."