THURSDAY NEWS AVALANCHE:
* Nice. The BBC has a timeline of the US government bail-outs.
* The movie I am about to write: Sri Lankan troops retake Tamil Tiger town, only to find it a ghost town.
* Questions surround meeting of the Republican party.
* The other movie I am going to write: untouched apartment from East Germany found.
* "In its final days, the Bush administration imposed a 300 percent duty on Roquefort, in effect closing off the U.S. market."
* Alaskan volcano Mt. Redoubt set to erupt.
* A glitch with the Mars rover Spirit.
* New G.I. Joe movie posters. Hope you like black costumes.
* The crew of Red Dwarf reunites and heads to... Earth.
Courtesy warmaster: five reasons MMOs are intrinsically broken.