In defense of the NYTimes. (Courtesy vwvortexer.)
New world order: politics isn't local, it's viral.
* Joe Klein on the Israeli offensive in Gaza.
* The Iraqi government takes control of the Green Zone.
* Good read: Tom Shales on reviewing the Bush years.
* Was Katrina Bush's turning point?
* Virginia news: Webb embraces prison reform.
* The Cuban revolution turns 50.
* Survey of time spent online worldwide yields interesting results.
* Tooting their own horn, the AV Club list their best work of 2008.
Hmm. Fighting dengue fever by infecting mosquitoes with a parasite.
"Should there be a moratorium on Holocaust movies?"