Ouch. Chrysler shuts down for a month. That's a lot of people hurting at a tough time of year.
* Ugh. Administration issues controversial 'right of conscience' rule, allowing health care workers to refuse to perform services they don't want to.
* Whoah. Many upper level Iraqi Interior Ministry officials arrested for trying to secretly reform the Baath Party.
* Scott MacLeod on Obama's Middle East team.
* Blackwater likely won't get renewed in Iraq.
* Abu Aardvark on American bases in the Persian Gulf.
* Ugh. Obama picks Rick Warren to give inauguration invocation.
* Heh. Places that went for Obama are richer and smarter than places that went for McCain.
* "Jay Carney is leaving Time magazine after 20 years to be Vice President-elect Joe Biden's communications director." More analysis from Howard Kurtz here.
The questions the Explainer didn't answer in 2008.