"As the recession leaves more retail casualties in its wake, rising store bankruptcies and mall closures could have devastating economic consequences."
Four worst-case scenarios on security and the economy.
* Strikes continue to spread in China.
* Obama wants to avoid the presidential bubble effect? Try the newspaper.
* The cultural impact of a thrown shoe.
* Hugh Hewitt on the new Republican party taking shape. He makes some good points, but others are, uh, entertaining.
* Unexpected. Killer of Adam Walsh identified.
* Yes, this year is the coolest since 2000. No, this doesn't mean global warming is gone.
* "Exploring the exotic world of Syrian lingerie."
"The ruins of an entire city have been discovered in northern Peru."
The AV Club talks with Luis Guzman.