Ten ways the world could end. (Courtesy shadorunr.)
"At least 36 states expect to face water shortages within the next five years."
* Darfur: "Once you label it genocide, you obviously have to do something about it."
* Congo: "The people were betrayed not just by rebels who committed terrible war crimes against them but by the international community that failed to protect them."
* An escapee from a North Korean prison camp tells his tale.
* Obama picks a Nobel Prize-winning physicist to head the Dept. of Energy.
* Canada looks to deal with the environmental impact of 'dirty oil' production.
* Exports from China drop.
* NPR faces cuts.
* Good read: Lisa de Moraes on the "new" Jay Leno show. Also, the Leno move as another blow to scripted dramas.
The 2009 Golden Globe nominees have been announced.
NBC to air XIII miniseries.