"US employers axed 533,000 jobs in November, the biggest monthly cut in 34 years."
In other bad news, state finances are deteriorating fast.
* Grand theft America: another rule change by the Bush administration removes some of Congress's oversight over the Interior Department.
* "When the Americans leave..."
* Prime Minister Harper shuts down Parliament, which I didn't know he could do.
* Andrew Cohen on why fighting high seas piracy is so complicated, legally.
* The tough pick for the Department of Education.
* NASA pushes back the next Mars mission.
* Atheists put sign next to Nativity scene in Washington.
* Wowzah. A re-release for The Dark Knight may push its box office take over one billion.
Hollywood's vision of science fiction looks pretty familiar...