Rosa Brooks on Bush's other last-minute changes. You know, things he couldn't get pushed through if anyone was paying attention.
Good read: on the Republican party and changing demographics.
* Andrew Cohen on Obama's test with the future of Guantanamo. Also, a federal judge orders the release of five more detainees.
* Obama is set to reverse the current downward trend in federal service.
* Oil prices drop below $50 a barrel.
* Note this article isn't about the world dealing with a ninja problem. Thusly, the age-old question is decided.
* The California Supreme Court takes on Proposition 8.
* Another good read: on the ground with a positive story from Iraq.
* Hey, remember that talk about evangelicals shifting parties?
EW.com presents the ten breakout stars of 2008.
The AV Club interviews Neal Stephenson.