Our first zombie-riffic selection was Return of the Living Dead which was even better than I remember it. Any lack in scary value is made up for in high comedy. This will eventually be on my to-purchase list. I still crack up at the "send more cops" line.
Thereafter, I wanted to toss on some other movie while people stuck around and chatted. however, we found the remake of Night of the Living Dead (the version with Candyman and that chick from Babylon 5 in it.) A welcome surprise! I mean, the movie's not all that, but that also meant we could talk over it and not feel bad.
* OK, so Bush lied. What will the opposition do about it?
* Troops are becoming frustrated by changing roles in Iraq. Despite Bush's vaunted 'coalition of the willing,' we're still the only country policing Iraq. And it seems a new resistance movement is taking shape.
* Thomas Friedman explains how we can win in Iran without firing a shot.
* Another fed cut is on the way (but remember, the economy is doing fine,) the question now is, how much?
* Whoah, talk of a plenary council.
* "An extraordinary gilded age of fat-cat politicking has befallen the nation."
* Local news: In case you had any faith left in the PG police, just read this.
* More corporate executives are keeping web logs.