-Christine Todd Whitman
"Will we ever find out what President Bush really did in our name? There's so much we still don't know - about torture, warrantless wiretapping, and the politicization of the Justice Department, just for starters."
Follow-ups! FiveThirtyEight on dispelling Prop. 8 myths. (Courtesy robin_d_laws.) Related: on blacks, science, and homosexuality. Also, are gun sales really skyrocketing? (Courtesy vwvortexer.)
* It's official: Bush has spent the most time on vacation of any president. (From a good read, Q&A with White House Correspondent Sheryl Gay Stolberg.)
* Israeli blockade leaves Gaza without power or relief supplies.
* Good read: Bob Herbert on investing in America.
* No Gays for a Day.
* Bush over the years in photos. (Also.)
* "This is the final post on Countdown to Crawford."
* The largest earthquake drill ever.
* Smurfette! Secret Service code names. (Bonus: more codenames.)
Indian probe Chandrayaan 1 touches down on the lunar surface.
Seattle says goodbye to a beloved busker, Tuba Man.
Discussing the gaming industry in a recession with WotC CEO Greg Leeds. Would love to see more on this.