* BAGNewsNotes on 'visual evidence of the disaster capitalism and terror war culture we now must reverse.'
* Pakistan struggles to oust the Taliban.
* Whoah. Blueprints for Auschwitz found hidden in Germany. (Courtesy mscongeniality.)
* A new push for equal rights for gays in... Utah.
* "...If you're a physicist curious to see how matter behaves when no-one is looking, then Isis is your private snoop. If you're an engineer trying to make the hydrogen car a working reality, then Isis is your genie."
* The scientific promise of RNA interference. Nerd bonus: rethinking the nature of the gene itself.
* The AV Club interviews veteran character actor Robert Davi.
An alligator? Really? The wacky world of presidential pets.