Bob Herbert on the effects of the financial meltdown that no one is talking about.
The legacy thing: Bush's sins of omission.
* Michael Scherer on seven things that could go wrong on Election Day.
* The general in charge of the Guantanamo tribunals is under investigation.
* Apple donates big to fight California's same-sex marriage ban.
* Whoah. Scientists reportedly erase memories in mice.
* Fingers crossed: 'leukemia drug may reverse effects of multiple sclerosis.'
* Oh, grand. The Texas State Board of Education appoints two creationists to the board that sets new science standards
* Maybe? Catherine Zeta Jones signs on as Cleopatra in Soderbergh's new musical set in the 1920's.
Twenty-five facts about Michael Jackson's Thriller.