As state budgets tighten, police departments face cutbacks.
* Wonder why unemployment isn't doing worse? It's all about the numbers.
* Erg. Turns out the climate may be shifting faster than predicted.
* "Over half of the toy manufacturers in China have shut down since the beginning of 2008."
* Questioning state abortion-related ultrasound laws.
* Attention politics nerds: hachi machi.
* Oh, wow. Sketches of Von Braun's spaceship concepts.
* "We are standing at the brink of what will be two years of carnage for western media."
* The AV Club interviews Charlie Kaufman.
Hee. New, cheerier atheist ad campaign.