On the basics of patriotism.
So, uh, what happened to all the reasonable Republicans?
* On the ground in Iraq: no progress can be made until the factions learn to trust each other.
* Bush will not close Guantanamo.
* Justices clash over the role of race in the death penalty.
* Hey, look, an actual case of voter fraud.
* "I think the court is poised for a major change as to the Establishment Clause."
* Opinions on the 'worst' Supreme Court decisions are informed by personal politics, unsurprisingly enough.
* Hee. Thirteen fake presidential bids.
* Oh, dear. A window into what DARPA is up to.
* Filmmaker Rudy Ray Moore, "the Human Tornado," passed away.
India launches Chandrayaan 1, its first Moon mission.
Museums fear tough times ahead, during the financial downturn. (Courtesy shadorunr.)