Position papers: "A series of editorials on the issues facing the next president as a lead-up to The Times' endorsement for the White House." All excellent reads.
SOME POLITICAL NEWS:
* Obama secures the endorsement of the LATimes and the Washington Post.
* "If you want to know why I - like so many others - held John McCain in such high regard for so long, it had a lot to do with David Ifshin. And if you want to know why my opinion of him has plummeted, it has something to do with William Ayers."
* Analysis: comparing Palin and McCain to Wallace.
* Good read: on immigration, abortion, and equality.
* Hey, remember those robocalls that trashed McCain in the Republican primaries in 2000? Guess who is using them now.
* Interesting commentary by Rich Danksy on McCain's goal. (Courtesy mscongeniality.)