How this administration operated: the legislative branch makes the laws, the executive branch decides to ignore the laws when they feel like it. Balance of what?
* Good read: important questions from various luminaries that both candidates should answer.
* The budget deficit sets new records.
* Thomas Friedman on the theme of what went wrong with the financial-services boom and the American Dream.
* Issues remain concerning the military's coverage of 'friendly fire' incidents.
* Interesting. Postville, a town on the frontlines of the immigration debate, struggles to deal with a federal raid.
* Huh. Infectious cancer affecting Tasmanian devils.
"It is perhaps the last great Antarctic expedition - to find an explanation for why there is a great mountain range buried under the White Continent." (Uh, guys?)