"The homeland security mania has invited some startling abuses of police power, but we have yet to hear of any more knuckle-headed than one in Maryland."
BBC In Depth on the global financial crisis. Bonus: egads.
* Turns out a lot of those 'voting challenges' might be illegal. As if we needed the election to be any more controversial.
* Yes, Petraeus also thinks we should talk with the enemy. Will McCain vilify him next week for it?
* Heh. Russia is also dubious about Palin's experience. (Courtesy warmaster.)
* Wow. If you thought Fox News had turned over a new leaf, and you'd have to give them another chance, hey, worry no longer.
* Yes, global warming will hurt tropical regions as well.
* Venezuela shuts down McDonald's for 'tax irregularities.'
* "Imagine if a folksy, inexperienced black woman was nominated to be vice president on the Democratic ticket."
* Double. Arm. Transplant. (Courtesy rshackleford.)
'Former Finnish President Martti Ahtisaari has won the 2008 Nobel Peace Prize.'
"A new book traces the migration of porn culture from adult theaters to the mainstream."