Good! Federal judge orders the release of 17 Chinese Muslims held at Guantanamo, saying they are being held without cause.
Lame. Judge won't force testimony in the U.S. attorney firings, pretty much officially kicking it to next year's Congress.
* "Only 9% of Americans say they are satisfied with the direction of the country, by far the lowest such reading... since the late 1970s."
* Real damage: "Americans' retirement plans have lost as much as $2 trillion in the past 15 months."
* Navy officer describes cruel treatment of prisoners in military jails.
* "An increase in the price of copper has produced a rash of wire thefts from city light poles."
* Iran designs a car for women.
* Welcome to Mercury.
* More casting announced for Tim Burton's Alice.
Project Runway: Where are they now?
Two words: monkey waiter. (Courtesy shadorunr.)