Excellent read: meet Joe Sixpack. (Courtesy mscongeniality.)
* Record jobs loss in September. Ouch.
* Different standards: Howard Kurtz on the mixed coverage of the debates. And it was, in fact, a ratings hit. More wrapup from various sources here. But Fred Kaplan says it was no contest. Plus, more on the Cheney question.
* Homeland Security wants a 'cyber counterattack system.' (As I work in that industry, I can tell you it sounds pretty unrealistic.)
* Tracking depression and suicidal thoughts in medical students.
* A new zombie flick from George Romero?
* The 2008 Ig Nobel Prizes have been awarded.
* Oh, man. Prostitutes earning points.
NPR on Achewood's Chris Onstad.