On the question from temperment, for both Obama and McCain. (That video is very telling.) Bonus fact-checking followup from Politico.
* Good read: a memo to Joe Biden on the morning of the debate.
* "McCain embraces the GOP's small-government rhetoric. But his record shows that in a crisis, he is among the quickest in his party to call for robust government intervention."
* Good read: no pity for Palin.
* Snerk. Rolling Stone with eleven myth and facts about Palin. (Courtesy shadorunr.)
* Oh, wow. Diagramming Palin's sentences. (Courtesy my dad.)