* Another good FAQ on the bailout. Also: why some of the Democrats voted against the measure. (Courtesy professorbooty.) Very interesting read.
* "Olmert would like us to believe that he could have been a contender, a visionary who could have brought peace to Israel, if only small-minded cops and bureaucrats hadn't dragged him down over a trifling little matter about cash, lots of cash, stuffed in envelopes."
* Updating the citizenship test. (I'd love to see if a certain vice-presidential candidate could pass it.)
* Great read: "Republicans must let go the idea that the market can do no wrong and government no right."
* "The arrival of colonial cities in sub-Saharan Africa at the dawn of the 20th Century may have sparked the spread of HIV."
* "When classical music masterpieces become soundtrack cliches."