"With no fanfare and little notice, the national debt has grown by more than $4 trillion during George W. Bush's presidency. It's the biggest increase under any president in U.S history."
Finally: Mukasey appoints special prosecutor to investigate Gonzales.
"The leaders of the country said: Trust us. The people said: Not this time."
* Analysis: the bailout plan would have given Paulson unprecedented economic power.
* Yeesh. GAO report shows even more problems for the costly missile defense program, which still doesn't work.
* Analysis: House vote against bailout wounds McCain.
* Snow. On. Mars.
* Planing the future for Meet the Press.
* "The answer is obvious for anyone who does crosswords. It is because 'Obama' is a five-letter name that alternates vowels and consonants. It's got three vowels out of five letters, starting and ending in vowels. So it is much more crossword-friendly than 'McCain.'"
* Kenneth Branagh to direct Thor movie?
EW.com presents thirty spies from TV and the movies.