"If you're a Republican running for president of the United States and the Wall Street Journal basically says you're an incompetent buffoon, you're in serious trouble." (Courtesy ninjacooter.)
Good read: why we must defend the War Powers Act of 1973 from those who want to weaken it even more.
CAN'T TRUST THAT DAY:
* Pakistani troops fire on U.S. choppers. This is... inauspicious.
* Analysis: So, uh, will the government bailout of the financial sector work?
* Judge orders Cheney to keep his records... but I'm betting they destroyed all the good ones while they waited for the court decision to come down.
* Olmert steps down amidst corruption charges.
* Frank Rich, on truthiness: "McCain opposed the very regulations that might have helped avert the current catastrophe."
* Compromise on the format for the debates.
* Interesting. Prepping a second space shuttle as an emergency vehicle in case the first has problems.
* Environmentally-friendly alternatives to concrete.
Relaunching the Muppets, in a big way
Oh, yes. Stephen Chow to take on The Green Hornet.
Oh, and the Emmys were last night. Here's the list of winners.