Global markets continue to suffer.
"The body of an aristocrat who died nearly 90 years ago has been exhumed in the hope that it will help scientists combat a future flu pandemic."
* Good reads: the BBC discusses how to be a good president. Also, the different ways of viewing America.
* A war film showing a different side of Iran.
* Did Cheney directly lie to Dick Armey? And, did Cheney refuse to head up Katrina relief efforts?
* More on how Palin ran Alaska. Definitely not how I want anyone running America.
* Remember back when Republicans complained when people played 'the victim card'?
* No more 'Barracuda': musicians refuse to let Republicans use their music.
* The Explainer, on seeing Russia from Alaska.
* Fancy. The Smithsonian will put its complete collection online.
Losing space: NASA in its decline.
George Takei married his partner of twenty-one years. No straight marriages spontaneously dissolved (to the best of my knowledge.)