GETTING BACK ON TRACK:
* Fact-checking the latest McCain ad, plus the previous ad, on sex ed.
* Good read: Howard Kurtz covers the Palin interview. Including her, you know, connecting Iraq to 9/11. (Bonus: Palin FAQ.) Jay Carney, on why Palin should respond to the press.
* Some homeland security questions for both candidates. And twelve more questions on foreign policy.
* Eugene Robinson: "Any day spent arguing about meaningless ephemera is a small but significant victory for a campaign that has nothing to say."
* E.J. Dionne Jr. asks: "Does the truth matter anymore?" And Michael Kinsley, on why lies prevail. Also, how lies take hold so quickly in the political arena.
* "If there was one pre-eminent characteristic of the Republican convention this week, it was the quality of deception. Words completely lost their meaning. Reality was turned upside down."
* More fact-checking of the speeches at the conventions.