Five indisputable facts worth remembering today.
* "A culture of ethical failure": epic-level corruption at the Interior Department.
* Should we move it from a war on terror to a police action on terror?
* Always a good read: LiveOnline transcript with Dan Froomkin.
* Iraq cancels six no-bid contracts with American oil companies.
* Yeah, about that border fence...
* "The attacks pushed America's parties in roughly opposite, dangerous directions. The center has failed to reel them back in."
* Electoral shenanigans in Mississippi.
Damn straight: "The bishops argued that preserving the right of gays and lesbians to marry would enhance the 'Christian values' of monogamy, love and commitment."
As a companion piece to their New Cult Canon series, the AV Club presents the Old Cult Canon.