* "Anyone who votes on the basis of this sound-and-fury politics deserves the president he gets."
* Examining both candidates' plans for taxing the rich.
* Paul Krugman on tax policy and the middle class.
* "How we dig out of this quagmire is the American story that Obama must tell."
* Maybe McCain shouldn't accuse someone else of being a celebrity.
* Eugene Robinson on a lack of info on McCain.
* Obama's Hawaiian roots.
* "That fortune makes Mr. McCain one of the richest members of the Senate. Yet barely a sliver of it is in his name."
* The private and independent life of Cindy McCain.