Building a new submersible to go deeper than ever.
* Murr. 'Russia backs independence of breakaway Georgian areas.'
* And North Korea stops disabling its nuclear reactors.
* Second verse, same as the first: new allegations about Khalilzad and his connection to Pakistan.
* Abu Aardvark on Iraqi timetables.
* NYTimes editorial on second acts in political life for certain famous Democrats.
* "Parts of a giant, exquisitely carved marble sculpture depicting the Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius have been found at an archaeological site in Turkey."
* Nice change of pace: Bush proposal to protect Pacific islands and coral reefs.
* I've mentioned it before, but it's still cool: the Dead Sea Scrolls will be made available online.
Google Earth asks: can cows sense magnetic north?
Love of words: a man who worked on over 100 dictionaries passed away.