New study finds conservatives are becoming more concerned about mixing religion and politics.
How can Bush turn a bipartisan civil rights panel pro-Republican? By having two long-serving Republicans suddenly re-registered as independents! asdfljkasl;fsda
* Analysis: what Russia wants from the Georgian conflict.
* The administration considers acting on its own in Pakistan. I don't think that's a good idea, officially.
* Why Obama chose Biden. (Bonus: BBC analysis.)
* Joel Achenbach on the politics of arugula. (Bonus: more from Slate here.)
* Seven-mile long crack in one of Greenland's glaciers.
* The Explainer, on why both Georgias are named Georgia.
New images from Hubble sort out galactic filaments.
Oh, my. Robert Downey Jr. takes a side in the Marvel vs. DC Comics debate. With authority. (Courtesy shadorunr.)