Wowzah: scientists use stem cells to create blood in the lab.
'...The Georgian conflict could be the first significant collision between the U.S.'s new global conception of security and the more traditional sphere-of-influence view.'
* Heh. George Clooney has purchased the rights to the movie about Hamdan.
* "I'm carrying a weapon, flying a multimillion-dollar jet with passengers, but I'm still screened as, you know, on the terrorist watch list."
* So, what next for Pakistan? Also, a good read by Juan Cole on Musharraf's departure.
* New world order: archiving the webpages of the Bush administration.
* Denver, wanting to impress the visiting Democrats, is... giving haircuts to the homeless? Seriously?
* Wind turbines to help power New York City?
* The Explainer, on how Caucasians got their name.
* Guitar Hero as the savior of rock 'n' roll.
* The AV Club interviews Rainn Wilson.
Learning lessons from last week's Netflix meltdown.
Reports of demise, greatly exaggerated: GenCon sets attendance records.