Demographics: welcome to America... 2042.
"The number of oxygen-starved 'dead zones' in coastal waters around the world has roughly doubled every decade since the 1960s."
* What's this? Another writer critical of the Bush administration ends up on the terrorism watch list? What a mystery!
* Musharraf may step down to avoid being impeached. Whoops.
* How China just shut down the expected protests during the Olympics.
* Interesting: why the press should boycott the conventions.
* Joel Achenbach hooks me with two words: Tasmanian Megafauna.
* On the optimism of evolution.
* The BBC looks at Madonna's career on the eve of her 50th birthday.
* "A penguin who is a Colonel-in-Chief of the Norwegian Army is set to be bestowed with a new military honour."
No answers in the catastrophic Netflix outage.
Whoah! "Scientists uncover skeletons thought to be as old as 10,000 years, when monsoon rains created a 'green Sahara.'"