Reporter does story embarrassing Homeland Security, reporter ends up on the terrorist watch list a week later. Is this really the kind of world we want to live in? (Courtesy ninjacooter.)
'Rethinking solutions to the plastic bag problem.'
CAN'T TRUST THAT DAY:
* Our government's policies, inspired directly by a Kiefer Sutherland TV show.
* Another suspicious happening on the Bagdhad airport road. (Whoah, update already.)
* Yet more problems with a contractor signed on to help rebuild Iraq; this one was supposed to build prisons, fire stations and police facilities. Man, some oversight in these things sure would have been nice.
* Behind the scenes of the Guantanamo interrogations.
* A wave of terrorist bombings shakes India.
* Good read: 'how both candidates are playing fast and loose with budget numbers to attack their opponents while failing to spell out the fine print of their own plans.'
* The secular vs. religious debate in Turkey.
* Unveiling the space tourism mothership.
"This is the year they tried to take the comic out of Comic-Con."
In case you still, for some reason, thought anything good about Ben Stein, check out this interview in which he compares Obama to Hitler for... drawing large crowds. Seriously. (Courtesy necrocannibal.)