How to save Afghanistan.
"Ashcroft as the voice of reason? If you live long enough, you'll see just about everything."
* Michael Scherer on CIA torture, China and Sudan, and more.
* The problem with those no-bid contracts: "Electrical problems were the most urgent noncombat safety hazard for soldiers in Iraq."
* Analysis: talks with Iran signal a different shift for the Middle East.
* As food prices continue to rise, catfish farms simply disappear. (This is... inauspicious.)
* The Explainer on why the Red Cross has confidential reports.
* The 'untouchable' politician changing the face of India.
* "Who spread false tales of heroism?"
* Grunting fish.
The economic downturn is hitting Hollywood.
Nikopol now: chess boxing!