Why all the talk of developing oil shale is just that, talk.
Neat. The man behind spreading the term "Hezbollah-style fist jab" apologizes. Also, the Explainer on how terrorists actually greet each other.
* Good read: Dana Milbank on Republicans on Congress coming to the defense of Doug Feith.
* Consumer prices skyrocket. But don't worry: Bush is as positive on the economy as he is on Iraq.
* Administration investigates new methods to limit abortions.
* "America's new million-record watch list is a perfect symbol for what's wrong with the administration's approach to security."
* "Did Bush issue a secret emergency-succession plan?"
* Trying to pin down McCain on social issues.
* Avi Arad options Lost Planet movie. (Which is keen, because the commercials for the game totally made me want a movie-version of it.)
* Joss Whedon's Dr. Horrible is a success built for the web.
The Ghostbusters return... but not to movies. (Yet.)
The AV Club interviews Maggie Gyllenhaal.