Yes, yes, yes: new report by two former secretaries of state says it is time to re-address the War Powers Resolution. Checks and balances, people.
"Today, we need a similar Truth Commission, with subpoena power, to investigate the abuses in the aftermath of 9/11."
* Interesting. Post-9/11 biometrics data turns up unexpected results.
* Good read: Bob Herbert on patriotism, realism, and the next presidency.
* A call for an end to the 'culture war.'
* The Fed doesn't see any good economic news on the horizon.
* Employers nationwide push back on tougher immigration policies.
* Neat. Qatar carves out a niche as an independent mediator.
* The BBC on the campaign and the art of the flip-flop. Also, looking at the candidates as movie stars.
* Huh. An ancient stone tablet causes discussion in theological circles.
End of eras: scientists plan the trip to upgrade the Hubble for the last time, and schedule out the last of the shuttle trips.
Heh. Loving the voice actors for the Wonder Woman DVD movie.