Interesting. Looking at climate change as a threat to domestic stability and a driving force behind a number of security issues worldwide.
Yes, Zimbabwe is in dire straits, but what about Equatorial Guinea?
* Progress: the White House lifts some sanctions on North Korea. The BBC talks about why North Korea changed, with a bonus Q&A.
* Nifty: Supreme Court takes a strong stance on the Second Amendment in overturning the ban on handguns in DC.
* The Senate investigates revising intelligence laws.
* Is Homeland Security prepared for the transition of power?
* "The incident of cronyism removes all doubts that the real mission of the faith-based initiative is to aid the religious right."
* Checking out Obama's November strategy.
* Online activists aren't happy with Obama's stance on FISA.
* 'Does anyone know how much oil there is in the world?'
* Candy giant to sequence the chocolate genome for a brighter future.
"Environmental scientists are beginning to use an unsavory new tool - raw sewage - to paint an accurate portrait of drug abuse in communities."
Ooh. Exhibition on the ancient roots of tattoos.