What's going right in Iraq, and what's still going wrong.
High fuel costs are impacting city services nationwide.
* Good read: White House insiders point to a pattern of ignoring their own legal advice over detainees.
* Israel plans to talk to Syria and Hamas.
* Executive privilege gone mad: "The Bush administration refuses to turn over subpoenaed documents related to the agency's decision to prevent California from enacting stricter emissions standards."
* David Ignatius has a to-do list for spies.
* Why did the Democrats compromise on FISA?
* MoveOn.org closes its 527.
* Why you shouldn't expect an inheritance.
* Louisiana's Trojan horse assault on science.
Comic-Con is a prime destination for Hollywood shoppers.
"There's no way to tell that it's lab-created." Artificial diamonds may revolutionize a number of industries. Not to mention the diamond cartels.