Whoops. Joel Achenbach on how the Iowa flooding could be related to agriculture and land-use. Good read.
Joe Klein on the FISA compromise.
* "This is worse than a dumb idea." NYTimes editorial on the big oil pander.
* Good read: George F. Will on McCain's habeas corpus opposition.
* Woo! "Sen. John McCain called Wednesday for the construction of 45 new nuclear reactors by 2030."
* "And why shouldn't the fence be a complicated subject? Everything else about immigration and border security is complicated."
* Obama's rejection of public funding is a blow to campaign finance reform.
* Federal judge rules the protesters arrested during the Bush inauguration were, in fact, arrested unlawfully.
* How Abramoff used his White House ties to oust opponents.
* Obama wants 'a team of rivals' for his cabinet.
* The press loves McCain. (Courtesy vwvortexer.)
* Transcript: LiveOnline with Dan Froomkin.
* The Explainer, on why we still use sandbags to fight flooding.
How reliable should we consider memory?
Interesting: the AV Club on the burden of audience expectations.