Interesting: Andrew Cohen on McCain's unusually strong opposition to the Supreme Court's habeas corpus decision.
"Drilling for oil in the ANWR might not have any profound effect on prices even over the long term." (Courtesy Ana Marie Cox.) And no, drilling elsewhere won't help much more either.
* The Gulf dead zone continues to grow.
* 'Why habeas corpus protections matter.'
* The number of people misplaced by the floods is now half that of Katrina.
* On the challenges of building a Republican consensus.
* Bush criticized for his Medal of Freedom awards. Again.
* So weird: a sixth human foot has washed ashore in British Columbia.
* Examining Netflix's new set-top box.
* The AV Club talks with voice actor extraordinaire Billy West.
Lore Sjöberg presents secrets of the seven basic blog posts.
"Has open gaming been a success? With the posting of the GSL, I think it's time to look back at the past eight years and assess the impact of the OGL on gaming."