New urbanism: "The American dream is absolutely changing." (Good read.)
"The more we live globally, the less likely it is that we're connecting locally."
* Israel and Hamas edge towards a truce. Fingers crossed that it sticks.
* "Americans dissatisfied with political sound bites are turning to the Internet for a more complete picture."
* Was an Army official ousted over bucking the KBR contract?
* Gay marriages commence in California. Society doesn't seem to break down immediately.
* McCain works hard to please both moderates and the Republican right.
* Kevin Spacey to teach at Oxford.
* No, seriously: Italian courts warn energetic condom advocate to stop sneaking onto TV.
* The AV Club presents sixteen protested movies.
Two words: dinosaur mummy.
Special-effects mastermind Stan Winston passed away.