More criticism of the Guantanamo tribunals.
Meanwhile, drug cartels continue their reign of terror in Mexico.
* Did the administration withdrawn the US from the Human Rights Council? (Courtesy professorbooty.)
* DC courts ruled against checkpoint plans last time they were suggested.
* Metro ridership on the rise, as gas prices continue to grow.
* Kucinich pursues impeachment of the President.
* Nothing new in the candidates' economic debate.
* Why Biden would make a good veep.
* Ouch. More info on the campaign debt that Clinton racked up.
* Will Cheney stump for McCain?
* Hee. Someone almost gets away with the Superman III/Office Space penny-theft scam. (Courtesy eracerhead.)
* The AV Club talks to Cory Doctorow on his new kids book, technology, civil liberties, and more.
With so many movies being made, it's hard to pin down a release date, and harder for movies to stick around in theaters.
Hollywood rethinks the chick flick. Sort of.