"The Pentagon urged interrogators at Guantanamo Bay to destroy handwritten notes in case they were called to testify about potentially harsh treatment of detainees."
* Top read: Steven Pearlstein on 'bubbles, arms races and an end to the spin cycle.
* Many churches with the word "Baptist" in their name consider changing their branding. My thought is, if you think the name is causing problems, maybe you're focusing on the wrong part of your image...
* "As the door begins to close on his tenure, Bush is increasingly drawing on selected events of the past to argue that history will vindicate him."
* Snerk. Anti-gay lawyer ordered to pay legal fees for frivolous lawsuit.
* "It will be up to the historians to ponder why Clinton waited until the very last day of her campaign to give full voice to the epochal nature of her candidacy."
* Heh. BAGnewsNotes on Obama clearing the bar.
* The AV Club interviews legendary author Harlan Ellison. (Part two here.)